2018 is coming to a close and there has been remarkable developments in flight simulation for the ‘home cockpit builder’ this year.
– Prosim A320 continues to develop, now up to version 1.17 – initially released 2 years ago in much of a alpha/beta software state, the avionics suite continues to evolve and has interesting features which can benefit flight deck builders, and the commercial/professional market.
– Jeehell FMGS, another popular avionics suite also continues with development. Although software updates are now not as frequent (sometimes up to 6 months now), Jean Luc, the developer of FMGS has stated his intention to release an advance paid version of his software with aircraft failure support sometime next year.
– FlightSimLabs A320x Professional, initially on the software release map this year, there has been no further mention of its development. Interestingly enough their (indirect) competitor, PMDG has announced avionics development for cockpit builders to be released in 2019 in a facebook post.
– The Soarbywire OEM Flight Deck building continues with most parts acquired, and avionics converted. Next year the rudder pedal mechanism and foundation will be implemented. Complete OEM conversion has only been possible with companies like Cockpit Concept and assistance from the cockpit building community. The use of korry LED PCB boards by Captain Larsen simplifies the wiring of the simulator and allows for straight forward interfacing with the arduino board.
– The website continues to be popular with readers and enthusiasts with over 10,000 hits a month. Thank you for your support! You can follow the blog by using the e-mail subscription link on the right to ensure you don’t miss out on any updates.
– Medicals for real world pilots (Class 1 and 2) and ATC (Class 3) are performed at my Sydney practice; if you require a medical for your workplace, please do not hesitate to contact my surgery. Consultations are available business hours, 5 days a week.
– Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! 2019 should bring in more exciting changes.